Thursday, December 16, 2021

Her Arms Wrapped Round, My Heart

My Heart, 22 x 10.5 x 14 inches, natural dyes on wool cloth over an armature made from broken willow branches and clover stalks, hand stitched, 2021
Her Arms Wrapped Round and My Heart, installation view, In The Middle Of The World, Mississippi Valley Textile Museum, Almonte, Ontario autumn 2021
Her Arms Wrapped Round, 30.5 x 9.5 x 8 inches, natural dyes on wool cloth wrapped around an armature made from broken willow branches and clover stalks, 2021

When my arms wrap you round I press
my heart upon the loveliness
that has long faded from the world.  W.B. Yeats  


They are each about the size and weight of a young child.  

Premier exhibition :  In The Middle of The World, Judy Martin and Penny Berens, curated by Miranda Bouchard, The Mississippi Valley Textile Museum, October 2 - December 18, 2021. 
The exhibition toured to Kenora, Ontario and showed at The Muse / Lake of the Woods Museum and Douglas Family Art Centre, April 1 - July 4, 2023.

These two pieces are in private collection, on loan for the Kenora exhibition.